The PPP government elected in 2008 completed its 5 years, it was replaced by PML(N) all the parties claimed that the elections in 2013 were rigged. PTI came forward to launch a protest movement. The Election Commission and the incumbent government failed to address the massive rigging allegations of PTI (Pakistan Tehreek Insaf). The resultant protests created political instability. ultimately the Judicial Commission probed, pointed out massive "irregularities" (legal term used for rigging) but cleared the elections, keeping people guessing. Ultimately after over two and a half year's lengthy legal procedure case of NA-122 rigging allegations was decided by the Tribunal, which termed Ayaz Sadiq's election null and void, to hold by elections.
By Election were held on 11 October 2013, Results are as follows:
Sardar Ayaz Sadiq (PML n) : 74525 [21% of registered votes, 50.4 % of polled]
Aleem Khan (PTI) : 72082 [20.2% of registered, 48.7% of polled]
Mian Amir Hassan (PPP) : 819
Independents : 596
Total Votes Cast : 148,022 (41.37% of total registered)
Read more FPTPS:http://pakistan-posts.blogspot.com/2016/08/what-are-advantages-and-disadvantages.html
Issue of proper election could be resolved through 2nd round of voting among top two or Proportional Representation [PR] system. Let’s look at the prevalent voting systems.
Our society need preaching (Dawah) to know and practice true teachings of Islam. If scholars leave this primary task, who will reform society? No amount of jugglery of words and explanation can change the clear meanings of Quran 9:122.
Proportional representation systems.
The trick herein is the following: if there is a constituency with a solid majority for the government party, subtract a few towns voting overwhelmingly for the government and add them to a neighbouring constituency where the government party just needs a few percents more of the votes to win the election and exchange these towns for a few towns known to be voting for the opposition - so the government's party will win both seats.
In principle, this kind of manipulation is just as much electoral fraud as counting some votes twice or having some votes uncounted. The problem is: the existing old borders of a constituency might have been created by the same kind of manipulation by a former government and it is almost impossible to find a really neutral solution.
- Leadership Crisis:
- Democracy, the best Revenge: Zardari
- Don't be Deceived, Know enemies of PEACE ...
- Why Criticise 1200 politicians ?
- USA - A Friend or Foe of Pakistan?
- The Biggest Victim of War on Terror ...
- Democracy: Voting Systems http://t.co/qUq3CPj
- Switzerland's refined proportional election system: The Swiss system combines the advantages of both the proportional and the majority election system while avoiding their major shortcomings.
- Election Results 2008:http://www2.ecp.gov.pk/vsite/mis/gmis.htm
- A fake house of cards! | Pakistan | News | News: The ECP informed the Supreme Court that some 37,185,998 voters from the total of 81,213,741 in 2007 had been declared by Nadra to be dubious or unverified. The court has been told only 44,027,743 were verified voters in 2007.
- President Zardari in favour of fighting the controversial war on terror for 30-40 years.. to please
and continue hold on power... USA
- Political Reforms for Stable Democracy in
Need of Electoral Reforms? http://t.co/9mSzOYS India
PR Syatem Contents
- 1 PR systems in the broader family of voting systems
- 2 Advantages and disadvantages
- 3 Attributes of PR systems
- 4 Measuring proportionality
- 5 PR electoral systems
- 6 History
- 7 List of countries using proportional representation
Present political arrangements is trash left by military dictatorship. Elections-2008 were aimed to continue with the puppet rule under US patronage. How elections held with 35 million fake voters [45% of registered voters] can result in democratic government? So what we see now is jus an illusion of democracy... some reforms are suggested... read >>>http://t.co/nWDNNWN
Pakistan - Electoral Reforms, Mixed PR electoral system, German model is the answer to corrupted system