<<< The Aedes mosquito and its infamous black and white stripes.
By Kashif N Chaudhry: http://www.newslinemagazine.com/2011/09/your-guide-to-dengue-fever/
Less than 50,000 platelets count worrisome, says doctor
Humidity, Aedes-mosquito, fresh stagnant water and plus the virus compiles and forms Dengue Fever. The platelets count is the only option physicians deal with in the initial stages. Platelets count should not drop in the patients suffering from dengue, said Dr. Abdus Salam, Director Emergency Room of Shifa International Hospital while addressing an awareness session in Hospital. Less than 50,000 platelets count with bleeding is a worrisome situation for the doctors, as alarmed Dr Salam. If the patient’s platelets count is 10,000 with no bleeding; internal or external the patient is in out of the danger zone. The normal platelet count is 150,000 up to 450,000. Salam informed this scribe that the symptoms include fever, headache, muscle and joint pains and a characteristic skin rash that is similar to measles. In a small proportion of cases the disease develops into the life-threatening dengue hemorrhagic fever, resulting in bleeding, low levels of blood platelets and blood plasma leakage, or into dengue shock syndrome, where dangerously low blood pressure occurs. Dr. Salam informed that only eight hours are required for the mosquito to breed from the development from an egg to larvae. He alarmed the audience to double check for rainwater stored at places as the monsoon continues.
- Your Guide to Dengue Fever: http://goo.gl/lY2nK
- Tourniquet test to identify acute cases WHO issues dengue control protocol
- DAWN.com - -
- LAHORE, Sept 18: The World Health Organization (WHO) has approved new clinical management guidelines for dengue diagnosis and treatment for Pakistan.
- Experts expose hunting ways of dengue The Nation, Pakistan
- Sri Lankan experts give serious advice on dengue PakTribune.com
- Pakistan Daily Times - The Express Tribune - Sky News Australia - Manila Bulletin
- Dengue epidemic and political subjugation:http://goo.gl/hJpfy